Dr. GD Puri was invited to deliver lectures on Total Intravenous anesthesia in Cardiac surgery at 5th World congress of “total intravenous anesthesia and target controlled infusion” held at Timisoara, Romania from September 27-30, 2017. He participated in the Panel discussion on “Anesthesia considerations in pulmonary artery hypertension”, moderated a panel discussion on “Awareness under anaesthesia” and delivered a lecture on “Bronchoscopy after cardiac surgery in Pediatric cardiac ICU” at Annual Conference of Pediatric Cardiac Society of India on October 27-29, 2017 at Mumbai. He delivered a lecture on “Anesthesia at High Altitude” at 42nd ICMM World Congress on Military Medicine on November 21, 2017 held at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. He was invited to attend Meeting of Regional Task Force Leaders of Pulmonary Vascular Research Institute (PVRI) on January 22, 2018 in Singapore. He delivered a lecture on “Anaesthetic Preparation and Perioperative Management of Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglionoma” in the 16th Congress of the Asian Association of Endocrine Surgeons organized at New Delhi from March 8-10, 2018. He was invited to deliver ‘Address Extraordinaire’ on Artificial Intelligence in Medicine in Entrepreneurship in Health Tech session of “Health Tech 2018” organized by Bengal Chamber of Commerce on March 10, 2018 at Kolkata.
Dr. Neerja Bhardwaj was an invited faculty for “SAFE Pediatric Anesthesia course” offered by World Federation of Societies of Anesthesiologists (WFSA) at Hyderabad from August 17 – 21, 2017. She delivered a lecture on “Paediatric patient with respiratory tract infection” during 65th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists at Kolkata from November 26 – 28, 2017. She gave a talk on “Laparosopy in Paediatrics and Neonates” and Lunch Discussion on “Lung Isolation Techniques in Paediatrics” during 10th Annual Conference of Indian Association of Paediatric Anaesthesiologists at Hyderabad from February 10 – 11, 2018. She delivered a lecture on “Anaesthesia for preterm neonate” and a video session on “Lung isolation in children” during Ramachandra Anesthesia Continuing Education (RACE) at Chennai from February 16 – 18, 2018.
Dr. Sandhya Yaddanapudi conducted Basic Life Support Training at Dev Sanskriti Viswavidyalaya, Haridwar, on September 9, 2017 and participated as faculty in Smile Train Workshop on “Prevention and Management of Perioperative Crisis”, Bangalore held on October 28-29, 2017. She was invited faculty during AHA accredited BLS and ACLS Course, DMCH, Ludhiana, held on December 3-4, 2017. She participated as faculty in the Simulation Workshop and judged the Free Paper Presentation during the Annual Conference of the Indian Association of Paediatric Anaesthesiologists, Hyderabad held on February 9-11, 2018. She made a Credentialing visit for Smile Train to Fortis Hospital, Kangra, HP on March 14, 2018.
Dr. Kajal Jain was the National Coordinator for the workshop on “CPR in pregnancy” and delivered a lecture on Neuraxial Analgesia and Labor outcomes at 14th National Conference of Association of Obstetric Anaesthesiologists held at Bengaluru from September 30- October 2, 2017. She delivered a talk on “Phenylephrine is the gold standard drug for maternal hypotension” at 3rd Ganga refresher course on June 22-25,2017 at Coimbatore. She gave a lecture on “Amniotic Fluid Embolism” at ISACON 2017, Kolkata on November 26-29, 2017.
Dr. V.K. Arya delivered a Guest lecture on “Hemodynamics of neuraxial blocks in cardiac disease-current thinking” at 7th National conference of Academy of Regional Anaesthesia of India' held from September 8-10, 2017 at Indore. He delivered sixty minutes grand round as visiting professor in Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada on “Investigating Dogma and Myths in Anesthesia” on October 18, 2017. He conducted a workshop on “Point of care ultrasound (POCUS)” on November 4, 2017 at NC, Chapel Hill, USA. He conducted a panel discussion on “Anaesthesia for Lung transplant” in Annual ISACON 2017 conference at Kolkata, November 25-29, 2017. He participated in the panel discussion on “Management of challenging difficulty airway cases” in national TMC-DAC 2017 annual conference at Tata Memorial hospital, Mumbai on December 2-3, 2017. He delivered lecture on “Can anaesthesia impact the quality of ablation during EPS” under hybrid cardiac surgery and MICS session in Annual IACTACON 2018 conference at Hyderabad February 1-4, 2018. He conducted “Pig heart dissection workshop” and delivered lecture on “Preoperative TTE – should it be routine in PAC clinic” in 12th Annual TEEPGI 2018 workshop on perioperative echocardiography at PGIMER, dated March 2-4, 2018. He delivered a lecture on “Pre-operative evaluation and assessment before lung resection surgery” at 3rd annual national ASCO-ISSLC Lung MCMC conference, PGIMER, Chandigarh March 24-25, 2018.
Dr. Nidhi Panda was member of group selected by Indian Society of Neuroanesthesia and Critical Care (ISNACC) to develop and formulate guidelines and recommendations for Essential Monitoring in Neuroanesthesia for various Neurosurgical and Neuroradiological procedures. She delivered lecture on “Unstable cervical spine: role of Anaesthesiologist” and participated in Panel Discussion on the topic: Neuro Prognostication and end of life issues in 65th Annual National Conference of Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists 2016 (ISACON-2017) held in Kolkata from November 25 – 29, 2017. She chaired “Hariwir Singh Oration” and participated in panel discussion on Essential Monitoring in Neuroanesthesia for various Neurosurgical and Neuroradiological procedures in 19th Annual conference of Indian society of Neuroanaesthesia and Critical Care [ISNACC 2018] held in Mumbai on January 18-21, 2018. She was invited as a Jury Member for debate session on “HHH: Is the Era Over” and chaired a session on: Interactive case discussion: on An approach to myasthenic crisis and Pulmonary embolism: The silent killer in 2nd Annual Neurocritical Care Update (ANCU) 2018 held in Gurugram, Haryana on March 22-14, 2018.
Dr. Indu Sen was the moderator and Chairperson in the scientific session in 14th International Conference of Asian Society of Paediatric Anesthesiologist (ASPA-2017) organized in Mumbai. June 3 - 4, 2017. She was the invited Faculty in Airway Management workshop & Adjudged Poster Session in 10th National Conference of Indian Association of Pediatric Anesthesiologist (IAPA-2018) in Hyderabad, February 9-11 2018. She was invited faculty in Workshop on Supraglotic Airway Devices (SADs), Delivered talk on Video laryngoscopes (VDLs) and Chaired a session at National Difficult Airway Conference (TMC-DAC 2017) in Mumbai, December 1-3, 2017. She was a panelist in a session on “USG-Regional Anaesthesia” in ISACON 2017, November 26-29, 2017 Kolkata. She was a Chairperson for “Pediatric Anaesthesia Session” and Invited Faculty for “Airway Management Workshop” in RSACPCON 2017, Kanpur September 14-17, 2017. She was invited faculty for the workshop on Front of Neck Access at NAC, Delhi September 8-10, 2017. She was the organizing Faculty & Chairperson in 4th Satellite workshop on Ultrasound Guided Regional Anaesthesia, PGIMER, Chandigarh. February 25, 2018.
Dr. Babita Ghai was elected as editor of Acute Pain SIG newsletter of IASP and was invited as international guest speaker for talk on “Postoperative Pain Management in Older Persons” at the satellite symposium of IASP Acute Pain SIG at 10th congress of European Pain Federation (EFIC) 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark, on September 5, 2017. She was a resource international faculty for International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP) at the IASP-ISSP Multidisciplinary Evidence-Based Pain Management Program, Evidence-Based Guidelines, Interventional Therapies and Multimodal Management at Delhi, July 11-12, 2017. She moderated panel discussion on “Pain Management in Special Conditions” and judged paper presentations at the International Conference on `Recent Advances in Pain`, Pune on August 10-13, 2017. She conducted a workshop on Fluoroscopy and USG guided interventional pain procedure, delivered a talk for pro-session on “Opioids are the best option for refractory neuropathic pain” and Panelist for “Interventional pain management” at Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists conference 2017, November 25- 29, 2017. Dr. Ghai was selected as a member of Institutional Ethics Committee of National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali, (Human Studies).
Dr. Neerja Bharti chaired a session on “Pain physiology, pain education and pain clinics in India” at “International conference on Recent Advances in Pain “ICRA – Pain 2017” organized by SSPP at Pune, on August 10-12, 2017. She participated in panel discussion on “Stress management and personality development in Neuro Anesthetist” and judged KOP'S Award in Neuro Anaesthesia at “65th Annual National Conference of Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists at Kolkata November, 25-29, 2017. She Chaired “Hariwir Singh Oration: neurotrauma anaesthesia - differing scenarios” at 19th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Neuroanaesthesiology and Critical Care (ISNCC-2018) at Mumbai on January 19-21, 2018. She participated as faculty in workshop on “Ultrasound-Guided blocks for Chronic Pain Management” and chaired a session on “Ethical Issues in Pain Management” at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi organized by 33rd Annual National Conference of Indian Society for Study of Pain (ISSPCON 2018)” New Delhi on February 2-4, 2018. She chaired a session on “Learning objective: Research and early integration of palliative care” at 25th Silver Jubilee Conference of Indian Association of palliative Care (IAPCON 2018)’ organized by IRCH, AIIMS, New Delhi, February 23-25, 2018.
Dr. Suman Arora conducted the AHA accredited BLS Course held on December 15, 2017 in GMCH Sec 32, Chandigarh. She conducted the 3rd Satellite workshop on Ultrasound Guided Nerve Blocks on February 25, 2018 at PGIMER, Chandigarh.
Dr. Bhupesh Kumar took a lecture on Parasternal Short Axis View at 4th Basics of Ultrasound & Echocardiography workshop, PGIMER, Chandigarh on November 12, 2017. He delivered a talk on TEE Assessment of Aortic Regurgitation: Is it severe enough, Basic TEE examination and Anatomic Correlates for Left atrium and Pulmonary veins and Echo Assessment of Prosthetic Valve at 12th Annual Perioperative and Critical Care Transesophageal echocardiography workshop, Chandigarh on February 23-25, 2018
Dr. Jeetinder Kaur Makkar delivered a talk on Newer Agents including Sodium Nitrite and 5-HT Agonists for Neuropathic Pain- at International Conference on recent advances in Pain at Pune on August 2-4, 2017. She gave a lecture on “Central Vs Lateral Canal Stenosis: Dx & Management” and was invited faculty for workshop on “Ultrasound Guided Interventions: Novel guides for real-time and pre-puncture procedures at International Conference of Pain management in Goa on September 6-10, 2017. She debated on “Fear of misuse of opioids is one of the biggest factors responsible for under treatment of cancer pain throughout the world” and delivered a talk on “Opioid Sparing Strategies in Pain Management” at National Conference of Indian Society for Study of Pain, New Delhi India, February 2-4, 2018.
Dr. Hemant Bhagat was a Panelist for “Postoperative Complications following Neurosurgery at ISACON 2017, November 25-29, 2017; Kolkota. He delivered a talk on Determinants of Cerebral Blood Flow at ISNACC 2018, January 19 – 21, 2018, Mumbai.
Dr. Divya Jain delivered a lecture on “Airway Optimization in Difficult Airway” and was the invited faculty for Difficult Airway Workshop at RSACPCON, Kanpur on She was the Moderator for Panel discussion on Trouble shooting Videolaryngoscopy and was the coordinator of Airway Ultrasound workshop at Airway Congress February 9-11, 2018 at New Delhi. She conducted the 3rd Satellite workshop on Ultrasound Guided Nerve Blocks on February 25, 2018 at PGIMER, Chandigarh. She was invited faculty for AHA certified BLS and ACLS course as instructor on May 14-15, 2017 and in December 2017 at GMCH, Chandigarh, and at Panchkula General Hospital on March 10-12 2018.
Dr. Sameer Sethi delivered a lecture on “Perioperative fluid optimization- Which is best monitors” and chaired a session on at TRANCRIT 2017 on May 14, 2017 at ILBS, New Delhi. He delivered a lecture on “Overview of Liver Transplant” at RSACPCON on September 14-17, 2017 at Kanpur.
Dr. Nidhi Bhatia was invited as faculty to conduct workshop on CPR in pregnancy at National Conference of Association of Obstetric Anaesthesiologists held at Bengaluru from September 30, 2017 to October 2, 2017. She delivered a lecture on ‘Neonatal Resuscitation- An Update at National Conference of Indian Society of Anesthesiologists (ISACON) held at Kolkata from November 25 to November 29, 2017. She was invited as faculty to conduct a workshop on ‘Ultrasound in Airway’ and to deliver a lecture on ‘A child with airway issues- how do I do it?’ at ‘Airway’ National Conference held at Delhi from February 10-11, 2018.
Dr. Vikas Saini participated in PRO-CON session on After a wet tap epidural catheter should be placed intrathecally” on October 2, 2017 during 10th National conference of AOA 2017.
Dr. Banashree Mandal organised CME on Cardiopulmonary resuscitation in cardiac patients at PGIMER, Chandigarh on May 13, 2017 and the 4th Basic Transthoracic Echo Workshop on November 12, 2017 as organizing secretary for hands on teaching. She was invited faculty for AHA certified BLS and ACLS course as instructor on May 14-15, 2017, in December, 2017 at GMCH, Chandigarh and at Panchkula General Hospital on March 10, 2018. She conducted hands on workshop on USG airway assessment in airway congress 2018, held on February 10, 2018 at New Delhi. She conducted 12th Annual perioperative and Critical Care TEE workshop as organizing secretary from February 23-25, 2018 at PGIMER, Chandigarh. She presented her research on Myocardial Protection and Clinical Outcome in Patients Undergoing Tetralogy of Fallot Repair: A Randomized Study of Two Cardioplegic Techniques at American Society of Anesthesiologists Annual Meet, October 24, 2017, Boston, USA.
Dr. Kiran Jangra delivered a lecture on USG guided Nerve blocks in paediatric patients, Annual Meeting of Indian College of Anesthesiologists on October 26-29, 2017 at Banaras. She gave a talk on Postoperative recovery profile in Neurosurgical patients - Which is the better vice? "Inhalational vs TIVA at Annual Neurocritical care update on March 22-24, 2017.
Dr. Ankur Luthra delivered a lecture on Evoked Potential Monitoring and Problem based Learning and Discussion session at ISACON, Kolkata on November 25, 2017. He conducted Neuroanaesthesia Quiz and Lecture on Awake Craniotomy (PBLD) at ISNACC 2018, January 18, Mumbai.
Dr. Anudeep Jafra conducted an AHA accredited Basic and Advanced cardiac life support faculty at GMCH, Sec-32, Chandigarh on May 12-14, 2017 and December 13-15, 2017. She was invited faculty to conduct the workshop on maternal resuscitation and took a lecture on- A Glance on AHA guidelines at 10th National Conference of Association of Obstetric Anaesthesiologists (AOA) on September 30 – October 2, 2017.
Dr. Komal Gandhi was invited to deliver talk on PALS and NALS during 9th National Conference of Indian College of Anaesthesiologists at BHU, Varanasi on October 29, 2017.
Dr. Neeti Dogra took a lecture on Bedside diagnosis and management of VTE in polytrauma- Trauma critical care update on December 16-17,2017at DMC, Ludhiana. She delivered a talk on “Infective endocarditis: Can TEE help?” at 12th Annual Perioperative and Critical Care TEE Workshop on February 23-25, 2018.
Research in progress
- Use of dexamethasone for reducing emergence agitation in children anaesthetized using desflurane.
- Insertion technique of I-gel airway in children: a randomized crossover comparison of classic and rotational technique.
- Cuffed Endotracheal Tube for trachea-Esophageal Reconstructive Surgeries.
- USG guided ONSD estimation in Paediatric VP shunt surgeries.
- Prospective observational study of the use of LTS 2 for elective surgeries below umbilicus.
- Comparing two ways of measuring Optic Nerve Sheath Diameter using Ultrasound linear probe in patients posted for neurosurgical procedures.
- Assessment of usefulness of neuropathic screening questionnaire in assessing treatment outcomes in patients with chronic non-cancer neuropathic pain conditions.
- Prevalence of musculoskeletal pain in dentists and dental auxiliary staff in North India.
- To assess the prevalence, knowledge, disability and service utilizatio regarding low back pain among health care workers.
- Comparison of wound infiltration vs subcostal TAP block for postoperative analgesia in obese patients undergoing bariatric surgery.
- Comparison of palonosetron 0.075 mg, palonosetron 0.15 mg and palonosetron-dexamethasone combination for prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting after laparoscopic procedures.
- Evaluation of post surgical chronic pain after radical mastectomy using two different
techniques of regional anaesthesia in breast cancer patients.
13. The incidence of shoulder pain following diagnostic laparoscopic surgeries.
- Efficacy and safety of radiofrequency thermoablation of thoracic splanchnic nerves for the management of end stage abdominal cancer pain.
- Efficacy of Ultrasound-guided maxillary and mandibular nerve blocks for the management of idiopathic trigeminal neuralgia.
- Effect of pulmonary artery catheter on treatment modification in patients with valvular heart disease with poor left or right ventricular function or pulmonary artery hypertension undergoing valve replacement surgery.
- Echocardiographic Predictors for Postoperative Morbidity and Mortality In Patients Undergoing Pericardiectomy For Chronic Constrictive Pericarditis.
- Comparative Evaluation of Transesophageal Echocardiography (Modified Upper Aortic Arch View) With Trans- Thoracic (Ductal View) for the assessment of Patent Ductus Arteriosus And Left Pulmonary Artery.
- The comparative assessment of two dimensional echocardiographic parameters of right heart function: comparison between trans-thoracic echocardiography and transesophageal echocardiography.
- Comparison of the effect of intravenous and inhalational anaesthetic agents on cerebral haemodynamics assessed by jugular venous oximetry in patients undergoing cerebral tumor resection.
- A prospective randomized controlled trial comparing caudal epidural block, ultrasound guided illioinguinal/ iliohypogastric nerve blocks and ultrasound guided transversus Abdominis plane block in paediatric patients undergoing elective inguinal region surgeries.
- Incidence of airway events using variable concentration of desflurane during recovery from anesthesia in children undergoing surgery under laryngeal mask airway.
- Comparison of end tidal sevoflurane concentration required for insertion of different types of LMA- a randomised double blind trial.
- Chronic pain and quality of life after surgery in carcinoma breast: Prospective cohort from a tertiary care center in India.
- Nitrous oxide Levels in Operation Theatres and Recovery Areas of Tertiary Care Hospital –A Prospective Observational Study.
- Knowledge and practice of low flow anaesthesia: A survey and observational study of low flow anaesthesia – A Prospective Observational study.
- A study to guide formulation of antibiotic prophylaxis guideline in cardiac surgery in a tertiary care institute of North India and to evaluate the impact of implementation of the same.
- Scoring system to predict neurologic complication after cardiac surgery in a tertiary care cardiac centre of Northern India.
- Early detection of cardiac dysfunction by myocardial deformation in breast cancer patients on chemotherapy of Chandigarh and neighbouring states: A prospective observational cohort study.
- Incidence, predictors and adverse outcomes of failure in paediatric population with traumatic brain injury – a prospective observational study.
- Effects of different doses of mannitol on intracranial pressures during robotic assisted procedures in steep Tredelenberg procedure. A single center randomized control trial.
- Safety and efficacy of oral triclofos in the ophthalmic evaluation of children with pediatric glaucoma: a prospective study.
- Incidence of airway events using variable concentration of desflurane during recovery from anesthesia in children undergoing surgery with laryngeal mask airway.
- Randomised comparison of the oropharyngeal leak pressure of Air Q, igel and Baska mask in patients undergoing elective surgery.
- Comparative evaluation of quadrates lumborum and TAP block for postoperative pain relief after lower abdominal surgeries.
Departmental in Collaboration with other Institutes.
- Molecular Mapping of intracranial aneurysm.
- International prospective observational study on intracranial pressure in intensive care (synapse-ICU)
- Comparative evaluation of ultrasound guided Quadratus Lumborum and Transversus Abdomimis Plane Block for post operative pain relief after lower abdominal surgeries.
- To design closed loop automated blood pressure control system (CLAPS)
- Isoflurane and Desflurane for Postanaesthesia Neurocognitive Dysfunction.
- Role of Radiofrequency ablation for management of chronic pain in head and neck cancer patients
- Comparison of systemic dexamethasone levels following its perineural versus intravenous administration: a randomized, double-blind study.
- Pulsed radiofrequency for the treatment of low back pain with radicular pain and its correlation with Quantitative Sensory Testing–a prospective, parallel group, randomized, double blind, sham controlled trial.
- Utility of multimodal monitoring devices for improving outcome after severe traumatic brain injury.
- Prediction of vasospasm after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage by Jugular venous oximetry.
- Comparative Effect of Levosimendan and Milrinone on incidence of Postoperative Arrhythmias In Children Undergoing Correction for Cyanotic Congenital Heart Disease.
- Effect of anaesthetic agents on early and delayed postoperative cognitive dysfunction in patients undergoing spine surgery of duration ≥ 2 hours under general anaesthesia.
- Effect of duration of pneumoperitoneum on renal function in patients undergoing laparoscopic surgeries.
- Evaluation of the Predictors of Risk Factors for Extubation Failure after Cervico-Vertebral Junction Surgery-A Prospective Observational Study.
- Comparison of the peak force of Laryngoscopy using Miller and Macintosh blade in children <2 years.
1. A single centre, feasibility study to evaluate clinical utility of limited transthoracic echocardiography in guiding intraoperative haemodynamic and fluid management in renal transplant recipients.
This observational study was conducted in end stage renal disease (ESRD) adult patients scheduled to undergo renal transplant surgery under general anaesthesia assessed a) whether it is feasible to measure the changes in left ventricular dimensions by transthoracic echocardiography (TTE) as intravenous fluids are administered during the renal transplant surgery and b) to determine the concordance of these echocardiographic variables with data obtained from the central venous pressure trace and systolic pressure. Out of 153 readings, 112 readings (73.2%) showed concordance regarding volume status between echocardiographic variables and data obtained from the central venous pressure and systolic pressure variation. However, 41 readings (26.7%) failed to show such relation regarding volume status.2D TTE is a feasible, non-invasive option for guiding volume management in ESRD patients undergoing transplant surgery and shows fair concordance with data obtained from invasive monitoring.
2. Impact of single dose intravenous tranexamic acid on peri-operative blood transfusion requirements in burn patients: a prospective, randomised trial.
Preoperative administration of a single dose of tranexamic acid significantly reduces blood loss during debridement of burn wounds and skin graft harvesting surgeries without increasing the risk of untoward side-effects or complications.
- Preemptive multimodal Analgesic Regimen reduces Postoperative Epidural Demand Boluses in Traumatic Femur Fracture Patients
Use of preemptive multimodal analgesic regimen reduced the requirement of demand epidural bolus in patients undergoing fixation for shaft of femur. Significant reduction in mean number of epidural demand boluses was observed in preemptive multimodal group (3.09 (1.24) compared to placebo group (5.59 (2.17); p=0.00. Time (hrs) to first rescue epidural bolus was also significantly greater in preemptive multimodal group 4.75 (3.09) than placebo group 3.80 (1.93) p=0.04.
4. Effect of pre operative anxiety on postoperative recovery and pain scores in patients of infertility undergoing hysterolaparoscopy under general anaesthesia
The objective was to determine if high levels of anxiety in the preoperative period affects postoperative recovery and pain in patients with infertility undergoing hysterolaparoscopy under general anaesthesia. A total of sixty female patients (age 18-40 years) diagnosed with primary infertility undergoing hysterolaparoscopy under general anaesthesia were divided into low or high anxiety group based on their Amsterdam pre operative anxiety and information scale (APAIS) score. Thirty two patients reported APAIS more than 13 (high anxiety). These patients had longer time to accept oral intake (4.84±1.14 hours) and higher incidence of PONV as compared to 28 patients reporting APAIS less than 13 (low anxiety). Also, a greater number of patients in this group required rescue analgesic at 2, 4, 8 and 24 hours postoperatively. All these findings were statistically significant (p<0.001). We concluded that high levels of preoperative anxiety in patients with infertility affects the postoperative recovery anaesthesia and pain scores in patients undergoing hysterolaparoscopy.
- To evaluate the different methods practiced by anaesthetist and anesthesia trainee and the difficulties faced by them while managing intubation in emergency setting. A questionnaire based survey.
Our study brought to the notice the limitation under which health professionals are
managing ETI and the need to have a proper system in place so that a uniform practice is
followed through out.
- Postoperative Analgesic efficacy of Ilioinguinal-Iliohypogatric nerve block compared with Medial Transverse Abdominis Plane Block in Inguinal Hernia Repair surgeries- A prospective Randomized Trial.
In a prospective randomized study on 50 ASA I & II adult males, preincisional ipsilateral Medial Transverse Abdominis Plane Block with 0.3 ml/kg of 0.25% Bupivacaine served as a useful alternative to Ilioinguinal-Iliohypogatric nerve block for providing postoperative pain relief in inguinal hernia surgeries.
- Ahuja P, Jain D, Bhardwaj N, Jain K, Gainder S, Kang M. Airway changes following labor and delivery in preeclamptic parturients: a prospective case control study. Int J Obstet Anesth 2018; 33: 17–22.
- Abdul AJ, Ghai B, Bansal D, Sachdeva N, Bhansali A, Dhatt SS. Hypothalamic Pituitary Adrenocortical Axis Suppression following a Single Epidural Injection of Methylprednisolone Acetate. Pain Physician 2017; 20: E991-E1001.
- Ashok V, Bala I, Bharti N, Jain D, Samujh R. Effects of intraoperative liberal fluid therapy on postoperative nausea and vomiting in children – A randomized controlled trial. Pediatr Anaesth 2017; 27:810-5.
- Avidan MS, Maybrier HR, Abdallah AB, Jacobsohn E, Vlisides PE, Pryor KO, Veselis RA, Grocott HP, Emmert DA, Rogers EM, Downey RJ, Yulico H, Noh GJ, Lee YH, Waszynski CM, Arya VK, Pagel PS, Hudetz JA, Muench MR, Fritz BA, Waberski W, Inouye SK, Mashour GA; PODCAST Research Group. Intraoperative ketamine for prevention of postoperative delirium or pain after major surgery in older adults: an international, multicentre, double-blind, randomised clinical trial. Lancet, 2017;15: 390 :267-75.
- Arora S, Gupta P, Arya VK, Bhatia N. Efficacy of preoxygenation using tidal volume breathing – a comparison of Mapleson A, Bain’s and Circle system. Rev Bras Anesthesiol 2018; 68: 128-34.
- Banerjee G, Jain D, Bala I, Gandhi K, Samujh R. Comparison of the ProSeal laryngeal mask airway with the i-gel in the different head-and-neck positions in anaesthetised paralysed children: A randomised controlled trial. Indian J Anaesth 2018;62:103-8.
- Bhagat H, Luthra A. The art of waking up a neurosurgical patient: It is time to hone our skills. Neurol India 2017;65:1059-60.
- Bhagat H, Sahni N, Bhukal I, Khanna P, Bastola P, Bithal PK, Dash HH. Comparative evaluation of morphine and fentanyl for emergence following supratentorial craniotomy. J Neuroanaesthesiol Crit Care 2017;4:155-8.
- Bhagat H, Kumar B, Garg N, Chhabra R. Tranexamic acid may be beneficial for difficult hemostasis following tumor resection in neurosurgical patients: A personal experience. Asian J Neurosurg 2017;12:309-10.
- Bhat IH, Damodaran S, Mandal B. Rare Case of Membranous Obstruction at the Origin of Left Pulmonary Artery: Role of Perioperative Echocardiography to Evaluate the Anatomy of Pulmonary Artery. J Perioper Echocardiogr 2017; 5:74-6.
- Bhat IH, Kumar A, Kumar B, Ganesan R, Mandal B, Dutta V. Echocardiographic Evaluation of Right Ventricular Function in the Immediate Postoperative Period after Major Pulmonary Resections: A Prospective Observational Study. J Perioper Echocardiogr 2017;5: 42-8.
- Bhat IH, Mandal B, Damodaran S, Kumar R. Role of Perioperative Echocardiography in Revision of Assessment: A Condition of Severe Aortic Stenosis leading to Left Ventricular Dysfunction and Apical Clot. J Perioper Echocardiogr 2017;5: 77-81.
- Bhatia N, Sen I, Kumari K, Kumar P, Bharti N. Impact of single dose intravenous tranexamic acid on peri-operative blood transfusion requirements in burn patients : a prospective, randomised trial. Egyptian J Anaest 2017; 33:251-5.
- Bharti N, Pokale SN, Bala I, Gupta V. Analgesic efficacy of dexmedetomidine versus fentanyl as an adjunct to thoracic epidural in patients undergoing upper abdominal surgery: a randomized controlled trial. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2018; 24:16–21.
- Biswal M, Shivaprakash M. Rudramurthy, Jain N, Shamanth S, Sharma S et al. Controlling a possible outbreak of Candida auris infection: lessons learnt from multiple interventions. Journal of Hospital Infection 2017; 97: 363-70.
- Biswal M, Jafra A, Sahni N, Sharma, M, Sikka P, Suri V. Unusual presentation of scrub typhus in a post-partum patient: A diagnostic dilemma. Anaesthes Pain and Intens Care 2017; 21: 374–6.
- Naik BN, Luthra A, Dwivedi A, Jafra A. Artifactual ECG changes induced by electrocautery in a patient with coronary artery disease. J Electrocardiol 2017; 50; 531-3.
- Damodaran S, Sethi S, Malhotra SK, Samra T, Maitra S, Saini V. Comparison of oropharyngeal leak pressure of air-QTM, i-gel TM and laryngeal mask airway Supreme™ in adult patients during general anaesthesia: A randomized controlled trial. Saudi J of Anaesth 2017; 11: 390-5.
- Devi R, Ghai S, Singh NV, Puri GD.A Methodological Study to Develop a Standard Operational Protocol for Nurses on Central Line Catheter Care of Patients in Selected Intensive Care Units.Indian J Crit Care Med 2017 ;21:483-87.
- Gandhi K, Sethi S. Use of desflurane in a multiple sclerosis patient undergoing ophthalmic surgery: Discussing the individualized care. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 2017; 33:279-80.
- Gandhi KA, Samra T. Preprocedural check of central venous catheter set. Indian J Crit Care Med 2018; 22:197‑8.
- Gandhi KA, Panda NB, Vellaichamy A, Mathew PJ, Sahni N, Batra YK. Intraoperative and postoperative administration of dexmedetomidine reduces anesthetic and postoperative analgesic requirements in patients undergoing cervical spine surgeries. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 2017; 29:258-63.
- Gandhi K, Sahni N, Padhy SK, Mathew PJ. Comparison of stress and burnout among anesthesia and surgical residents in tertiary-care teaching hospital in North India. J Postgrad Med 2017 Oct 23. doi: 10.4103/jpgm.JPGM_81_17.
- Ganesan R, Kumar B, Muniratinam G K, Bhat I, Mahajan S. Modification in surgical plan following intraoperative detection of Coexistent Right Atrial Thrombus by Transesophageal Echocardiography in Chronic Constrictive Pericarditis. J Perioper Echocardiogr 2017; 5; 34-7.
- Ghai B, Ahuja N. Newer anticoagulants and their impact on interventional pain procedures. Indian J Pain 2017;31:9-12
- Goel N, Jain D. Does the technique of two-hand mask ventilation matter? Eur J Anaesth 2018; 35:319.
- Goel N, I Sen, K Jhangra, M Kumar. Complex airway after electric burns in the neck–A challenge for the anesthesiologist. Indian J Burns 2017; 25: 76.
- Gudala K, Ghai B, Bansal D. Neuropathic Pain Assessment with the Pain DETECT Questionnaire: Cross-Cultural Adaptation and Psychometric Evaluation to Hindi. Pain Pract 2017; 17: 1042-49.
- Gudala K, Ghai B, Bansal D. Hindi version of short form of douleur neuropathique 4 (S-DN4) questionnaires for assessment of neuropathic pain component: a cross-cultural validation study. Korean J Pain 2017; 30:197-206.
- Gudala K, Bansal D, Vatte R, Ghai B, Schifano F, Boya C. High Prevalence of Neuropathic Pain Component in Patients with Low Back Pain: Evidence from Meta-Analysis. Pain Phys 2017; 20: 343-52.
- Gupta A, Mathew P, Bhardwaj N. Flavoured anaesthetic masks for inhalational induction in children. Indian J Ped 2017; 84: 739 – 44.
- Gourav KP, Gandhi K, Kumar B, Damu S. A unique easily preventable complication of newer pulmonary artery introducer sheath- Eyes can see what the mind knows! J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2018; 32 : e43.
- Haldar R, Bhagat H, Toshniwal GR, Dash HH. Conventional axillary rolls inprolonged neurosurgical procedures: Time for reconsideration. Asian J Neurosurg 2017; 12: 583-84.
- Jafra A, Samra T, Gupta V, Reddy SK. Transient global amnesia in immediate postoperative period: A diagnostic dilemma. J Clin Anesth 2017;37:159-61
- Jafra A, Gombar S, Kapoor D, Sandhu HS, Kumari K. A prospective randomized controlled study to evaluate and compare Glidescope with Macintosh laryngoscope for ease of endotracheal intubation in adult patients undergoing elective surgery under general anesthesia. Saudi J Anesthes 2018; 12: 272-8.
- Jafra A, Arora S, Jayant A. The utility of targeted perioperative transthoracic echocardiography in managing an adult patient with anomalous origin of the left coronary artery-pulmonary artery for noncardiac surgery. Ann Card Anaesth 2017;20: 372-5.
- Jafra A, Dwivedi D, Jain D, Bala I. Giant sacrococcygeal teratoma: Management concerns with reporting of a rare occurrence of venous air embolism. Saudi J Anaesth 2017;11:124-5.
- Jafra, A., & Panda, N. B. Anesthetic implications for cochlear implant in a child with cardiac anomaly. Anaesthesia, Pain and Intensive Care 2017; 21:260–2.
- Jain D, Mehta S, Gandhi K, Arora S, Parikh B, Abas M. Comparison of intubation conditions with CMAC miller videolaryngoscope and conventional miller laryngoscope in lateral position in infants: a prospective randomized trial. Pediatr Anesth 2018; 28: 226-30.
- Jain S, Garg N, Khanna P, Sethi S. Pediatric emergence agitation: Management options GSL. J Anesth Open Access 2017; 1: 102.
- Jain S, Sethi S, Ghai B, Ram J. Effect of Dexmedetomidine on Emergence Agitation using esflurane in paediatric cataract surgery. Saudi J Anaesth 2018; 12: 28-34.
- Jain D, Bhardwaj N, Pareek A, Parikh B. Tracheal bronchus: an unusual cause of difficult ventilation. Canadian J of Anes. 2017; 64: 979-80.
- Jain D, Gandhi K. Reply: Only with an optimal position of the supraglottic airway in situ, valid conclusions can be drawn about oropharyngeal airway pressure. Ind J Anaesth 2018; 62: 243.
- Jain D, Sharma R, Reddy S. WHO safe surgery checklist: Barriers to universal acceptance .J Anesthesiol Clin Phamacol 2018; 34:7-10.
- Jain D, Mehta S, Jain K, Arora S et al. Comparison of intubation conditions with CMAC miller video laryngoscope and conventional Miller laryngoscope in lateral position in infants: a prospective randomized trial. Pediatric anesth 2018; 28: 226-30.
- Jangra K, Grover VK, Bhagat H, Bhardwaj A, Tewari MK, Kumar B, Panda NB, Sahu S. Evaluation of the Effect of Aneurysmal Clipping on Electrocardiography and Echocardiographic Changes in Patients With Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: A Prospective Observational Study. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2017; 29:335-40.
- Jangra K, Grover VK, Bhagat H, Bhardwaj A, Tewari MK, Kumar B, Panda N, Sahu S. Evaluation of the Effect of Aneurysmal Clipping on Electrocardiograhic and Echocardiographic Changes in Patients with Subarachnoid Hemorrhage-A Prospective Observational Study. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 2017; 29:335-40.
- Kaloria N, Sen IM, Saini V, Gupta R. Palonosetron-dexamethasone versus ondansetron-dexamethasone to prevent postoperative nausea and vomiting undergoing laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy. Indian J Clin Anaesth 2017: 4; 523-9.
- Kaloria N, Bhagat H, Singla N. Venous Air Embolism During Removal of Bony Spur in a Child of Split Cord Malformation. J Neurosci Rural Pract 2017; 8:483-4.
- Kapil S, Panda N, Mukherjee KK and Dhandapani S. Desperate Measures: Shunt Insertion under Local Anesthesia. J Neurosci Rural Pract 2017; 8: S153–S154.
- Ketan K, Meena SC, Shivlal S, Kamal K. Anaesthetic Management of A Child With KlippelFeil Syndrome For Detethering of Spinal Cord: A Case Report. J Clin Anesth Manag 2017; doi http://dx.doi.org/10.16966/2470-9956:130.
- Kumar A, Puri GD, Bahl A.Transesophageal Echocardiography, 3-Dimensional and Speckle Tracking Together as Sensitive Markers for Early Outcome in Patients With Left Ventricular Dysfunction Undergoing Cardiac Surgery.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2017 ;31:1695-1701.
- Kumar B, Munirathinam GK, Puri GD, Mishra AK, Arya VK. Silicone tracheobronchial stent: A rare cause for bronchoesophageal fistula and distortion of airway anatomy. Ann Card Anaesth 2017; 20:355-8.
- Kumar B, Kumar A, Kumar G, Singh H. Role of transesophageal echocardiography in surgical retrieval of embolized amplatzer device and closure of coronary-cameral fistula. Ann Card Anaesth 2017; 20:351-4.
- Kumar B, Dutta V, Jayant A, Mishra AK. Effect of continuous paravertebral dexmedetomidine administration on intraoperative anesthetic drug requirement and post thoracotomy pain syndrome after thoracotomy: A randomized controlled trial. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anaesth 2018; 32: e 49.
- Kumar B, Jayant A, Mahajan S. Tricuspid valve straddling: An uncommon cause of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction in transposition of great artery with ventricular septal defect. Ann Card Anaesth 2018; 21: 61-4.
- Kumar S, Pragatheeswarane M, Sharma AP, Bishnoi K, Sharma MK, Panwar VK, Sethi S. Expanding the horizon of robotic surgery to large pelvic paraganglioma. J Robotic Surg 2017; 11:247-50.
- Kulhari S, Bharti N, Bala I, Arora S, Singh G. Efficacy of Pectoral Nerve Block versus Thoracic Paravertebral Block for Postoperative Analgesia After Radical Mastectomy: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Survey of Anesthesiol 2017; 61: 22.
- Kumari K, Sahni N, Kumari V, Saini V. Anti N-Methyl-D-Aspartate-Receptor encephalitis in young females. Turk J Anaesthesiol Reanim 2017;DOI:10.5152/TJAR.2017.74508.
- Kumari K, Samra T, Naik B N, Saini V. Assessment of procedural skills in residents working in a research and training institute: An effort to ensure patient safety and quality control. Saudi J Anaesth 2018; 12:52-60.
- Luthra A, Prabhakar H, Rath GP. Alleviating stress response to tracheal extubation in neurosurgical patients: A comparative study of two infusion doses of dexmedetomidine. J Neurosci Rural Pract 2017; 8(Suppl 1): S49–S56.
- Luthra A, Bajaj R, Jafra A, Jangra K, Arya VK. Anaesthesia in pregnancy with heart disease. Saudi J Anaesth 2017; 11: 454–71.
- Luthra A, R Singh, A Jafra, S Sethi. Ventricular laryngeal cyst : A threat to airway. Saudi J Anaesth 2017; 11: 501–2.
- Mahajan V, Samra T, Puri GD. Comparison Of The Efficiency Of Anesthetic Depth Control Using Closed Loop Anesthesia Delivery System Vs. Manual Control Using Target Controlled Infusion In Patients With Moderate To Severe Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction. J Clin Anesth. 2017;42:06-113.
- Makkar JK, Singh NP, Singh PM. Prolongation of Apnea Time in Obese Patients-Concerns with Rate of Rise of CO2. Anesth Analg 2017; 125: 1422-3.
- Malik R, Samagh N, Jangra K, Gupta AK, Singh L. Intubating laryngeal mask airway as a conduit for fiberoptic bronchoscope: A safe and easy technique for intubation in prone position. Saudi J Anaesth 2017; 11:357-8.
- Mandal B, Mishra A K, Batra YK. Congenital tracheal stenosis challenging the
management of PDA in an infant. Research and Opinion in Anesthesia & Intensive Care 2017, 4:93–5.
- Mandal B, Katoch D, Handa S. Management of a case of dropped nucleus following small incision cataract surgery in a patient with kyphoscoliosis and review of literature. Re & Innov in Anesth 2017: 2; 21-23.
- Mandal B, Rana SS, Munirathniam GK, Gotra GS. Role of Perioperative Echocardiography in the Diagnosis of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Decoding Special Problem in the Background of Commoners. Journal of Perioperat Echocardiog 2017: 5; 27-30.
- Mehta V, Snidvongs S, Ghai B, Langford R, Wodehouse T. Characterization of peripheral and central sensitization after dorsal root ganglion intervention in patients with unilateral lumbosacral radicular pain: a prospective pilot study. Br J Anaesth 2017; 118: 924-31.
- Meena S, Dulara SC, Meena SC. Haemodynamic Consequences after Etomidate Administration for Short Surgical Procedures in Patients Aged Above 50 Years - A Prospective Study. J Clin Anesth Manag 2017. 2: doi http://dx.doi. org/10.16966/2470-9956.129
- Muniratinam G K, Kumar B, Singh H. Right Atrial Myxoma with Pulmonary Artery Hypertension: Role Of Transesophageal Echocardiography In Detection Of Cause And Perioperative Management. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2018; 32: 801-6.
- Muniratinam GK, Kumar B, Mishra AK.Tricuspid Stenosis: A Rare and Potential Complication Of Ventricular Septal Occluder Device. Ann Card Anaesth 2018; 21: 195-9.
- Naik BN, Jafra A, Luthra A, Sethi S. Management of a difficult-to-ventilate and difficult-to-intubate airway: Anesthetists' nightmare. Saudi J Anaesth 2018; 12: 146-8.
- Naik BN, Luthra A, Dwivedi A and Jafra A. Artifactual ECG changes induced by electrocautery in a patient with coronary artery disease. J of Electrocardiol 2017; 50, 531–3.
- Naik N, Samra T. Anesthetic considerations for intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring in patients undergoing scoliosis surgery. Neurol India 2018;66:279-80
- Puri GD, Dogra N. Perioperative point of care cardiac Ultrasound for Anaesthetists. J of Perioperat Echocardiog 2017; 5: 39-41.
- Rajkumar V, Kumar B, Dutta V, Mishra AK, Puri GD. Utility of Sonoclot in Prediction of Postoperative Bleeding in Pediatric Patients Undergoing Cardiac Surgery for Congenital Cyanotic Heart Disease: A Prospective Observational Study. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2017; 31: 901-8.
- Rao V, Bala I, Jain D, Bharti N. Effect of intravenous dextrose administration on postoperative nausea and vomiting in patients undergoing laparoscopic cholecystectomy –A randomized control trail. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2017; 34: 705-7.
- Saini V, Sardana DK, Samra T, Sethi S. Trouble Shooting a Small Sized IJV. Indian J Crit Care Med 2017; 21:335-36.
- Sahoo AK, Sethi S, Ghai B, Ram J. Comparison of i-GelTM airway with Laryngeal Mask Airway Supreme TM in children undergoing elective cataract surgeries. Acta Anaesth Belg 2017, 68, 19-24.
- Saini V, Samra T, Kaur G. Perioperative use of transthoracic echocardiography in a patient with congenitally corrected transposition of great arteries, atrial septal defect and severe pulmonary stenosis for lower segment cesarean section. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 2017; 33:544-6.
- Sardana DK, Panaych K, Samra T. Broken Epidural Catheter: An Anesthesiologist’s Dilemma. JCR 2017; 7:116-8.
- Satapathy A, Salunke P, Agrawal S, Bhagat H. "Smart click" to the rescue of the patient's eye: Preventing compression on the globe during surgery in prone position using the selfie mode. Neurol India 2017; 65:657-8.
- Sethi S, Maitra S, Saini V, Samra T, Malhotra SK. Comparison of short axis-out of plane versus long axis-in plane ultrasound guided radial arterial cannulation in adult patients: A randomized controlled trial. J Anesth 2017; 31: 89-94.
- Sethi S, Maitra S, Saini V, Samra T. Comparison of Ambu®AuraGain™ laryngeal mask and air-Q™ intubating laryngeal airway for blind tracheal intubation in adults: A randomized controlled trial. Egyptian J Anaesth 2017; 33: 137-140.
- Sethi S, Mahesh V P, Malhotra S K, Maitra S, Gupta AK. Comparison ropivacaine and bupivacaine in sphenopalatine ganglion block for postoperative analgesia after functional endoscopic sinus surgery: A randomized controlled trial. Acta Anaesth Belg. 2017; 68: 137-42.
- Sharma S, Jangra K. Desflurane in neurosurgery: Pro. J Neuroanaesthesiol Crit Care 2017; 4, S 1:81-4.
- Sharma B, Sikka P, Jain V, Jain K, Bagga R, Suri V. Peripartum hysterectomy in a tertiary care hospital: Epidemiology and outcomes. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 2017; 33:324-8.
- Sharma B,Sikka A, Jain K. Is the grass on the other side greener ? Int J Obstet Anesth. 2018; 33: 90.
- Singla V, Batra YK, Bharti N, Goni VG, Marwaha N. Steroid vs. Platelet-Rich Plasma in Ultrasound-Guided Sacroiliac Joint Injection for Chronic Low Back Pain. Pain Pract 2017 ;17:782-91.
- Singh PM, Borle A, Makkar JK, Trikha A, Fish D, Sinha A. Haloperidol Versus 5-HT(3) Receptor Antagonists for Postoperative Vomiting and QTc Prolongation: A Noninferiority Meta-Analysis and Trial Sequential Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. J Clin Pharmacol 2018; 58:131-43.
- Srinivasan A, Bahl A, Bhagat H, Dutta P, Rai A, Devgun JS, Kaur R, Mukherjee KK. Impact of transsphenoidal surgery on asymptomatic cardiomyopathy in patients with acromegaly. A single-blinded study. Neurol India 2017; 65:1312-16.
- Sruthi S, Mandal B, Rohit MK, Datt Puri GD. Dexmedetomidine versus Ketofol Sedation for Outpatient Diagnostic Transesophageal Echocardiography: A Randomized Controlled Study. Ann card Anaesth 2018; 21:143-50.
- Sahni N, Biswal M, Gandhi K, Kaur K, Saini V, Yaddanapudi LN. Effect of intensive education and training of nurses on ventilator-associated pneumonia and central line-associated bloodstream infection incidence in Intensive Care Unit at a tertiary care center in North India. Indian J Crit Care Med 2017; 21: 779-82.
- Sahni N, Biswal M, Gandhi K, Kaur K, Saini V, Yaddanapudi LN. Effect of intensive education and training of nurses on ventilator-associated pneumonia and central line-associated bloodstream infection incidence in intensive care unit at a tertiary care center in north India. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2017; 21:779-82.
- Soni SL, Dogra N , Kuberan A. Endotracheal tube connector : Holding Breaths. Anesth Analg 2018;126:732-3.
- Vaghela MM, Mahajan JK, Sundram J, Bhardwaj N, Rao KLN. Role of glycopyrrolate in healing of anastomotic dehiscence after primary repair of esophageal atresia in a low resource setting—A randomized controlled study. J Ped Surg 2017;52: 420 – 3.
- Vallapu S, Panda NB, Samagh N, Bharti N. Efficacy of dexmedetomidine as an adjuvant to local anaesthetic agent in scalp block and scalp infiltration to control postcraniotomy pain: A double blind randomized trial. J Neurosci Rural Pract 2018; 9:73-9.
- Zorrilla-Vaca A, Makkar JK. Effectiveness of Lateral Decubitus Position for Preventing Post-Dural Puncture Headache: A Meta-Analysis. Pain Physician. 2017; 20:E521-E529.
Publications in Journal of Postgraduate Medicine, Education and Research
- Mahakul DJ, Aggarwal A, Savardekar AR, Bhagat H, Ahuja CK, Gupta SK. Usefulness of awake craniotomy for low grade gliomas in eloquent areas. J Postgrad Med Edu Res 2017; 51: 74-8.
Chapters in Books
- Arya VK. Automatic Computerized Monitoring Systems and Recording Systems. In: Sehgal R, Trikha A, editors. In: Yearbook of Anesthesiology-7. 1st ed. New Delhi: JayPee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd 2018. p.20-6.
- Bhardwaj N. Laboratory based conventional blood tests. In: Sehgal R, Trikha A, editors. In: Yearbook of Anesthesiology-7. 1st ed. New Delhi: JayPee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd 2018. p 350 – 6.
- Ghai B, Bansal D: Management of Chronic Low Back Pain: An Overview. In: Sehgal R, Trikha A, editors. In: Yearbook of Anesthesiology-7. 1st ed. New Delhi: JayPee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd 2018. p.129-41.
- Grewal A, Bhatia N. Kundra S. Anaesthetic Considerations in Posterior Fossa Surgery. In: Khan ZH, editor. Challenging Topics in Neuroanaesthesia and Neurocritical Care.1st ed. Switzerland: Springer International Publishing 2017. p 203-12.
- Grewal A, Bhatia N. Perioperative fibrinogen Supplementation: Safety and Efficacy. In: Sehgal R, Trikha A, editors. Yearbook of Anesthesiology – 7. 2nd ed. N. Delhi: JayPee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd 2017. p 204-9.
- Jain K, Kapoor P. Standardizing agencies, Ethics and Legalities. In: Sehgal R, Trikha A, editors. In: Yearbook of Anesthesiology-7. 1st ed. New Delhi: JayPee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd 2018.p.8-12.
- Jangra K. Lumbar drain. In: Prabhakar H, Mahajan C, Kapoor I, editors. Essentials of Neuroanesthesia. 1st ed. New York: CRC Press 2018. p. 541-53.
- Jangra K. Postoperative Nausea and vomiting. In: Prabhakar H, Mahajan C, Kapoor I, editors. Essentials of Neuroanesthesia. 1st ed. New York: CRC Press 2018. p. 337-44.
- Jangra K. Postoperative Blindness. In: Prabhakar H, Mahajan C, Kapoor I, editors. Essentials of Neuroanesthesia. 1st ed. New York: CRC Press 2017. p. 357-65.
- Luthra A. Difficult airway. In: Prabhakar H, Mahajan C, Kapoor I, editors. Essentials of Neuroanesthesia. 1st ed. New York: CRC Press 2018. p. 147-54.
- Luthra A. Venous Cannulation. In: Prabhakar H, Mahajan C, Kapoor I, editors. Essentials of Neuroanesthesia. 1st ed. New York: CRC Press 2018. p. 155-58.
- Padmaja D, Luthra A, Mitra R. Neurotrauma In: Prabhakar H, Mahajan C, Kapoor I, editors. Essentials of Neuroanesthesia. 1st ed. New York: CRC Press 2018. p. 536-85.
- NB Panda, S Sahu, A Swain. Coexisting Diabetes Mellitus in Neurosurgical Patients. Coexisting Hypertension in Neurosurgical Patients. In: Hemanshu Prabhakar, editor. Essentials of Neuroanesthesia. 1st ed. New York: CRC Press 2017. p.714-33.
The department provided anaesthesia services for surgical, diagnostic and interventional procedures in and outside OTs, managed critically ill patients in Main ICU, Trauma ICU and Post Anaesthesia Care Unit (PACU) and runs Pre-Anaesthesia and Pain Clinics.
The department oraganised various CME’s and Conferences at Regional Level: Perioperative and critical care transesophageal echocardiography workshop held from February 23-25, 2018. CME on resuscitation in Trauma & Perioperative care” organized by Chandigarh chapter of ISA held on March 29, 2018. Update on Airway Management held on May 20, 2017. DST-PGIMER Workshop on “Innovations in Biomedical Instruments & Devices” under the Chairmanship of Prof GD Puri held on July 7, 2017. CME on “Paediatric Anaesthesia” held at PGIMER, Chandigarh on August 13, 2017. 4th Basic Echo course workshop organized by Society of Transerophageal Echo Cardiography of Dept. of Anaesthesia & Intensive Care on November 12, 2017.
Dr. Mritunjay Kumar Verma, Consultant Anaesthetist, Royal Victorial Infirmary, New Castle, visited department of Anesthesia & Intensive Care from July 31 to August 2, 2017. During his visit he took lectures on “Management of Thoracic Pain”, “Management of Subarachnoid hemorrhage” and “Management of post femur fracture pain”.
Dr. Duncun John Macrae, Consultant Cardiac Anaesthetist and Intensinist and Director of Paediatric Cardiac ICU at Royal Brompton Hospital, London, visited the department of Anaestheisa & Intensive Care from November 2 & 3, 2017. He delivered a talk on “Early management of Neonatal Heart disease and Pediatrics ARDS.”
Dr. Levon Masik Capan, Professor of Anaesthesia, University of Hospital, School of Medicine, New York, visited the department of Anaesthesia & Intensive Care from February 22-24, 2018 and he delivered a talk on “Airway management in Trauma patients”.